¾ lbs. of red bell peppers (about 2)
1 habanero pepper
1½ tablespoons of pectin
1 ½ cups sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
½ tablespoon butter
A pinch of salt
- Cut the bell peppers and habanero in cubes
- Pulse the peppers in food processor until finely chopped
- Mix pectin and ¼ cup of sugar in a bowl
- Mix peppers, vinegar, butter, salt, and remaining sugar in a pot
- Bring mixture to a boil and let it cook for about 5 minutes on high boil
- Gradually add pectin mixture, mixing constantly
- Bring the new mixture to a boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool
The jelly won’t look jelly-ish until it’s cooled completely. Let it cool outside overnight (about 24 hours) and then refrigerate. This will yield about a cup. More than you need for this recipe.
Goat cheese mixture:
6oz of goat cheese
6oz of crème cheese
½ cup of pecans
2 table spoon of parsley (fresh if available)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the cheese mixture on one side and jelly on the other.
- Cut off crust
- Wash your hand and enjoy!