Friday, April 20, 2012

Tiramisu Crepes

This time it was my turn to make dessert since I haven't made one. I knew I was going to make crepes because I was craving them so badly:)) Since this was a "Fusion" theme Exchange, I thought why not make Tiramisu Crepes!! I love Tiramisu and I love Crepes!! This is a perfect recipe for me to indulge:)) And the best part is it's so easy and fast. I am sure you all making this very soon:-)

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk                                            
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
FILLING:
  • 1/2 carton (4 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
  • 1/2 package (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3-4 tablespoons coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee
  • 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
  • Optional toppings: chocolate syrup, whipped cream and baking cocoa
Directions
  • In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, butter, coffee and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  • Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
  • For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cheeses and sugar until fluffy. Add liqueur and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and cocoa if desired. Enjoy:))
Pin It Now!

1 comment: