- 3 medium beets, red and golden
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces mixed baby greens
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425*F. Lightly scrub the beets; trim the stem and root ends. Place beets on a large piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil, then wrap foil around them to form a neat packet. Roast directly on a rack in center of the oven until easily pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Unwrap the beets and allow to sit until cool enough to handle. Rub off the skins with a clean paper towel or peel with a paring knife; cut into ½-inch dice. Set aside.
2. Toast walnuts on a non stick tray for 10 minutes under 400*F, stirring once.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. Divide the greens onto plates, then sprinkle with beets, walnuts and goat cheese; drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.