To make CAKE
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter (add 1 stick if you're not afraid of the extra calories)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1 1/2 cups mini–chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Coat with cooking spray or butter, 9inch or 10inch round cake pan. I separated the batter into two cake pans to create a "layered cake" (Yes, you can say I'm fancy lol :)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, water, oil, vanilla and eggs in a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or medium bowl.
- Slowly pour in the milk/water mixture in the flour mix. Whisk well.
- Stir in chips.
- Pour in the pan, and bake in oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (~30mins).
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Carefully remove from pan, and cool completely.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool (do not allow it to set).
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar, until slightly thick.
- While slowly beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream.
- Whip at high speed until stiff.
Shave some of the tops of the two layers to easily stack. I added a bit of blueberry preserve between the two layers. Coat your cake completely with the whipped cream.
Ugly sweater party decorations:
I drew/cut out a sweater top over some wax paper. I sprinkled in different holiday sweets over the stencil on the cake.