3 bell peppers (any color)
1 large onion
3 tablespoon of garlic
3 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp of chili (or to taste)
1/8 cup of rice vinegar
¼ cup of soy sauce
1/8 cup of ketchup
¼ cup of cornstarch (only needed with chicken).
¼ cup of vegetable oil to pan fry
Scallions & cilantro to garnish
- Cut the paneer or tofu in cubes or strips. Pan Fry them using vegetable oil. Get a nice golden color on all sides. If using chicken coat with a thin layer of cornstarch and then pan fry them. Set aside.
- Cut the bell peppers and onions in long strips. Mince garlic, ginger and chili peppers (or if you have the CGG cubes like I do, you can use those… I used 4)
- Stir fry the bell peppers, onion, chili, garlic, and ginger in the chili oil. Once veggies are tender add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and ketchup. You can add more of any ingredient to suit your taste. I like it very spicy so I added additional chili.
- Once you have nice and consistent gravy and you like the taste, add the paneer or tofu (or Chicken) and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro (picture does not show garnish)