- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 3 TBSP all purpose flour
- equal parts crumbled or shredded (chipotle chedder, queso fresco, reduced-fat creame cheese)
- seeded finely chopped jalepineo
- seeded chopped 1/2 tomato
1) Medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter, add milk and flour. Stir like crazy and create rue (all ingredients combined into a consistent smooth liquid)
2) stir in jalepineos and keep whisking
3) add in queso fresco, stir stir stir, once a bit melted...
4) now add in chipotle chedder and creame cheeese
5) Whisk away until everything is melted. As all ingredients combine, you might have to add a bit more milk (2-3 tbsp).
The key is to not give up on the whisking part. Work out those biceps and triceps and your core.
Finally, top with tomatoes and serve with warm tortilla chips. Check out the homemade guacamole also.