Pin It Now!
Cheese (mozzarella, or ricotta)
1 Egg, beaten
Salt & Pepper
Red pepper flakes
Oil for frying
- Cut the eggplant in thin slices. The thiner the slices the less “eggplanty” they taste. I would say about ¼ of an inche slices
- Salt the eggplant and let it sit
- Add some (or a lot) oil to a pan. You can super dip fry them or just “dry” deep fry the eggplant
- Add some water in the egg
- Mix some flour, bread crumbs, salt & pepper, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes
- Coat the eggplant in the flour/bread crumb mixture
- Dip the coated eggplant in the egg
- Make sure the oil is hot and put in the pan
- Once they are brownish on both side, remove and add on the pizza as a topping.
- Prepare the pie with some sauce and cheese. Spread the eggplant on the pie generously. You can use just Ricotta instead of Mozzarella. I personally used Mozzarella because I’m not a big fan of ricotta